Featured in

Featured in: Tiny Buddha, Halifax Media Coop, Fine Fit Day, Simplify the Season, La Presse, Filles, Le Canada-Français

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Guitar galore!

Homemade guitar! 2013.


In 2011 I wrote a post dedicated to some of my favorite violin music:

http://happinessdishbestsavouredhot.blogspot.ca/2011/11/einstein-and-violin.html

Since then I've been wanting to do the same for at least two other wonderful instruments, piano and guitar.

Circumstances recently led me towards guitar, and more precisely acoustic guitar. I started taking notice of songs featuring it while listening to my "Cool Down" playlist at the gym (when I stretch after a workout). I realized how many wonderful ones there are. It also brought back nostalgic memories of summer camp, when someone would invariably grab a guitar and have us all sing around the campfire. Does it get any better than that? I doubt it.

Today I will share a chosen sample of acoustic guitar tunes. (I might have sneaked in a few containing mandolin, ukulele, guitjo and maybe some not-so-acoustic guitar, but it's my blog, I do what I want!)

Of course this list is far from exhaustive.

The order is alphabetic by song title, so as to not favor any song over another.

I thought of commenting on each of the songs, but instead, I will let them talk for themselves. Enjoy!

(Oh, and I would love to know if you have a favorite! Personally I love them all to bits! I honestly think each and every one of them deserves a few minutes of your time, and that you deserve their magic!)







































7 comments:

  1. Hands down, Neil Diamond! And Play Me is my favorite song by him as well. I adore it from the first note to the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful song indeed, both melody and lyrics. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie! Oh, I love playing guitar! And Heart of Gold is one of my favorite songs to play. I can actually make it sound like Neil Young's playing. Absolutely love Neil Diamond--the hottest 70ish aged singer alive. Cherry Cherry is also a super fun guitar song to play. BTO's Let It Ride is awesome, as well as many of the guitar duets in Boston's songs.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you play the guitar Marion! I hear it's hard to master!

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful! The guitar has been a good friend and world-traveling companion for me.

    There are too many for me to narrow down titles.

    I have liked this guy lately:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwDPlNVuCko&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guitar has a way of connecting people, at home or on the road. :-)

      Beautiful song you added there.

      Delete
  4. I've got a couple of guitar players but they play bluegrass and I don't know who they listen to! Bad me.

    ReplyDelete