Featured in

Featured in: Tiny Buddha, Halifax Media Coop, Fine Fit Day, Simplify the Season, La Presse, Filles, Le Canada-Français

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Piano, per piacere

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

Note to the reader: this post is the second of a musical trilogy. If you haven't had a chance to look at post #1, you will find it here.

Piano, part two!

Hi again, music lovers! I hope you enjoyed the first  "piano post"! This time, we will focus on what is commonly called "classical music". I will not speechify, and instead will let the music talk for itself. Just a remark: this list of piano masterpieces is absolutely not exhaustive; it merely reflects my personal "taste of the month", and I wanted to limit myself to a dozen or so. Some "big names" did not make it into the post simply because my favorite music from them does not emphasize piano as the main instrument. Please feel free to add your suggestions in the comments!


Beethoven


Brahms


Chopin
Ah! Chopin! How to choose?
I picked 3 to add to the Nocturne I put in the previous post.






Debussy


Grieg


Liszt


Rachmaninov




Saint-Saens


Satie


Schumann




Tchaikovsky



So, what was your favorite?
Which one would you add?


6 comments:

  1. Wow... thank you for this beautiful music, Julie. I agree with all your choices. :) I like your non-classical ones too. I will sleep well tonight after listening to this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept really well after putting this post together, too! :-)

      Delete
  2. Another favourite of mine : Chopin's Black Key Study.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqw3aMDMFU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, merci! Plein de souvenirs me reviennent! N'hésite pas si tu en as d'autres! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love Mozart for the clarinet and Chopin for the piano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Mozart for sadness: Lacrimosa (Requiem) and Ave Verum Corpus. Gets you right to the core.

      Watch for my upcoming post, it will involve Mozart's operas! :-)

      Delete