Featured in

Featured in: Tiny Buddha, Halifax Media Coop, Fine Fit Day, Simplify the Season, La Presse, Filles, Le Canada-Français

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Shortish Thursday

alexhung, Flickr


Yes, we are still in the middle of our Mindfulness Series, with more to come on fears and other topics to which mindfulness should be applied.

However, there is very little time to write today, so instead of a long, researched post in due form, I will simply share this lovely pie chart I just discovered:





What do you think, fellow writers or writer wannabes? Is that how it feels to you?

And: Please don't despair. If you are writing for the right reasons, it will eventually all fall into place.

I said eventually.

(Or "éventuellement", the French version, which interestingly does not have the same meaning. "Éventuellement" means "possibly" or "maybe", as opposed to the "in the end" meaning of "eventually". Ah, fascinating differences between languages!)


from http://kayemunroewritestoo.files.wordpress.com



12 comments:

  1. HaHa - I love that chart!!!
    I in no way consider myself a writer - I've "written" more since I started my blog than ever before (except maybe grad school - that required a lot of papers!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you run, you're a runner, so logically, if you write, you're a writer. :-)

      Delete
  2. You're missing to slice of the pie, about 50%, where I'm discussing the events in the Middle East with my dog, Stroodle https://www.facebook.com/stroodle.cohen?fref=ts, and playing waste paper basket basketball...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha... :-)

      Playing waste paper basketball counts as "throwing things".

      For me, I would have added "chasing puppy who just stole a piece of Lego" and "shooing kitty who's chewing on cables and cords under the desk".

      Oh, and "pouring yet another cup of tea".

      Delete
  3. I wanted to be a writer once, a long time ago. But the preparation for becoming a writer involved quite a bit of reading. So I decided to change directions:) Instead of working towards being a writer, I lived my younger adult years, living my own version of a very unrestrained fantastical life full of wild, exotic and adventure packed experiences. At my age, writing a book would be called my memoirs and since I don't want my adult children to know everything about their old man, this is one book that will never be written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment, Marc! Thank you for putting a large smile on my face this morning! :-)

      Delete
  4. I love everything about this post!! The graphics are spot-on. I might need to add a slice to mine for running. I always have brilliant ideas when I'm running. Of course, I can never remember them when I get home and sit down to write them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a feeling a lot of runners can relate too Nicole, I'm pretty sure! :-)

      Delete
  5. I never wanted to be a writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Seriously! It's quite tormenting!

      Delete
  6. Very sorry to hear that.

    However, I am a writer!

    It's the Tao of J. Rule number one: 1. Eliminate your desires.

    Ask Roy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always enjoyed writing but it can be hard.

    ReplyDelete