Featured in

Featured in: Tiny Buddha, Halifax Media Coop, Fine Fit Day, Simplify the Season, La Presse, Filles, Le Canada-Français

Sunday, June 1, 2014

I spy...

... signs of spring!

Apple blossom...




Plum blossom...



Tulips...



Magnolia...



This mysterious plant...



But the sure sign that spring is here is the following: while I was taking all those pictures around the house, I was being devoured by a swarm of black flies. Welcome to our cold latitudes!

What do you like most about spring?



8 comments:

  1. Today, I finished planting and seeding my kitchen garden. I used a spade, a hoe, a rake, and crouched to get everyting in right. As soon as a row was finished, the soil, dark brown when freshly moved, turned to a greyish light brown in the Sun. Ah... the musty smell of rich organic soil. So promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our vegetable garden is planted. :-))))))

      Delete
  2. I love the warm weather and even the thunderstorms that go along with spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I was thinking today that I like thunderstorms (after seeing one in Citizen Kane) because they mean warm weather! :-)

      Delete
  3. Everything!! Although our spring is turning to summer now. Afternoon rains and increasing humidity with the start of hurricane season on June 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite seasons are Spring and Autumn (the fall I believe in the US). Spring is just great for new renewal and just the inspiration of good things to come. Simplistic? Maybe .... on the other hand shouldn't every season and every day be our favourite?

    Life is for living, enjoying, caring and sharing. Anything else? Comments and thoughts invited.

    Have a great Spring season - have a great day wherever you are,

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words Jan. If you have advice on how to appreciate winter, please let me know! :-)

      Delete